Gametramp

Gametramp (http://www.gametramp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Confessional (http://www.gametramp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ABOQ 1 (http://www.gametramp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173)

Alastor 09-Apr-2009 16:13

ABOQ 1

Welcome to Alastor's Book of Questions, which is mostly a list of questions I've stolen from other sources over the years.

The goal of a question is not to see if you can answer a riddle or "outsmart" the question. The question will pose a situation or solicit your input - recognize the spirit of the question and answer it as its intended.

"Outsmarting" the questions defeats the point of asking them, and defeats your purpose for answering them.

With that said, here we go:

For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends and family again?

Let's get this party started!

Stevurn 09-Apr-2009 17:32

"For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends and family again?"

For me, this would depend upon the intimacy between you and your loved one, as well as the attachment and importance of your friends.

If your friends are your main crutch, and if you see them regularly and often seek their support, then i certainly wouldn't leave them behind. This goes for family, too.

However, if your partner is like your best friend, and you're with them constantly and use them for guidance and support, with your friends as just a "catch up" kinda thing, then, you only live once and you might as well go for it.

On the other hand i hope i'm not moving on their behalf, because they can move for me, the cheeky gits.

Ofcourse, there's an endless list of other factors and influences, but that would require me writing a whole essay of en answer, which is something i'm not going to do, ever.

Vmag 09-Apr-2009 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastor (Post 1721)

For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends and family again?

Conscientiously signed up knowing the risks and for such a person, so yeah.

Freet 10-Apr-2009 04:29

I can't imagine doing something like this. My family mean everything to me so the thought of loving someone enough to give all that up is incomprehensible to me.

So the answer would be no, but I would love to meet the gal that can actually change my mind. She would be one awesome lay.

Fargo 10-Apr-2009 12:42

I'd love to see the world for myself. I actually hope to do so with or without a relationship. However, I would only settle and live in a place that I would deem fit to raise a family.

Dodecalypse 10-Apr-2009 14:55

I suppose it really depends. If I'm in a shallow relationship, I wouldn't. But if I truly loved her, deeply as you said, and I could envision spending the rest of my life with her then yes.

Turd Ferguson 13-May-2009 02:14

Quote:

No. My family and friends mean too much to me.

Merx. Just Merx this time 17-Jun-2009 11:25

Not to be trying to outsmart the question or anything, but...

I'm going to answer the question with a question. Then answer the question.

Why the fuck would a deeply loved one move away from you in the first God damn place?

Answer: I may, but probably not because that would seem like the loved one was running away. Meh. Good question, Ala!

{chas} 23-Jul-2009 20:25

Yes.

I don't like my friends and family very much, anyway.

Bioengineer 30-Jul-2009 01:55

since im moving to thailand for 3 months next summer for an internship, id say yes. if would do it for a job too

Jesse the Great Tsar 06-Feb-2010 23:13

Quote:

Welcome to Alastor's Book of Questions, which is mostly a list of questions I've stolen from other sources over the years.

The goal of a question is not to see if you can answer a riddle or "outsmart" the question. The question will pose a situation or solicit your input - recognize the spirit of the question and answer it as its intended.

"Outsmarting" the questions defeats the point of asking them, and defeats your purpose for answering them.

No.simple.