View Single Post
Old 04-Oct-2010, 15:33
Superior ef'n Being

We do love constructive criticism here. And since you seem willing to offer it, I feel obliged to return the favor.

Welcome to Foruming 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
To be quite honest, this forum has not impressed me one bit.
This is one way NOT to start a first post on a new forum (unless you add a happy face emoticon....then no problem (See how that emoticon made you feel better?)

Quote:
It seems abit messy.....
Dopey, when you see that red squiggly line under something you typed, that means that the word you typed isn't in the database of words. Sometimes this just means that you typed a name that it doesn't recognize or, there are times when it means you fucked up. For example, abit is really two words. A tap on the space bar after the "a" would have corrected this error.

Quote:
and almost too relaxed.
HUH? Ok, maybe we will get back to that one in one of the more advanced classes.

Quote:
I don't like the titles of the sub forums at all either.
We have an adult section that has the titles you would likely prefer, but you can't get in it.

Quote:
Now I most of you or (none of you) care about my opinion and the others are just like...
Not true. In fact, I have to agree with one of your points. We'll get back to that in a bit.

Quote:
"Who the hell are you?"
I'm sure you're gonna tell us about your vast experience in forums and all that is forumtastic.

Quote:
I'm from the old Pandemic.
That's it? That's all you got?

Ok, then, let me tell you a bit about me. I am a 56 year old geek. I have taken the whole forum road, in many many forums. I have progressed from noob (the point you seem to be at) to functional forum member, to moderator, to administrator and all of some quite large and successful forums. Alastor who knows me quite well as well as some of my forum history, asked me to come here. After a few discussions, he gave me admin rights and got quite busy doing other things.

Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let's discuss this forum.

While I never checked out Pandemic, I understand that this forum was created as a place for displaced forum members to get back together. From that point alone you can assume that Gametramp is a new forum that consists mainly of young members with varying interests. It seems quite a few only come here to play games. I'm fine with that. One day some of them might notice that there are other parts to this forum and maybe start participating.

In the mean time, I have found some members are trying to create conversations. They are called "contributors". Think of them as seeds which make a forum grow.

Think of me as the gardener. I pull the weeds that take nutrients from the good plants.

Quote:
Blah blah blah.
If you really care about this forum then feel free to contribute.

Last edited by Freet; 04-Oct-2010 at 15:36.