Go Back   Gametramp > The Confessionary > The Confessional

Old 02-Oct-2010, 13:38

Unfunny My First Impressions

To be quite honest, this forum has not impressed me one bit. It seems abit messy and almost too relaxed. I don't like the titles of the sub forums at all either.
Now I most of you or (none of you) care about my opinion and the others are just like "Who the hell are you?"
I'm from the old Pandemic. I will not reveal my name as I don't want any preconceived notions. I learned of this site along time ago as most of you have from Alastor. When I joined here a week ago I expected much more. Seeing that Alastor was in charge mostly I expected fun, yes, but also alittle more maturity than what I have seen.
What I do see in this forum is hope. It has the right amount of members to be cozy, and still plenty of growing room to become busy again with new members. Maybe this could be like the old Pandemic Studios if everyone put alittle effort into it. Not the last year of Pandemic when it was sliding downwards, but the pre-release days before Mercenaries 2. So much anticipation, excitement, and hope in a forum of less than 200 active members.
You just have to have a reason for people to come here though.
Thanks.
Old 03-Oct-2010, 09:38

There really is nothing to be excited about here.
Pandemic is dead, and this is a way to keep in touch with the old members.
Old 03-Oct-2010, 14:24

im not really a giant furfucking dickhead im just drawn that way
Old 03-Oct-2010, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
To be quite honest, this forum has not impressed me one bit. It seems abit messy and almost too relaxed. I don't like the titles of the sub forums at all either.
Now I most of you or (none of you) care about my opinion and the others are just like "Who the hell are you?"
I'm from the old Pandemic. I will not reveal my name as I don't want any preconceived notions. I learned of this site along time ago as most of you have from Alastor. When I joined here a week ago I expected much more. Seeing that Alastor was in charge mostly I expected fun, yes, but also alittle more maturity than what I have seen.
What I do see in this forum is hope. It has the right amount of members to be cozy, and still plenty of growing room to become busy again with new members. Maybe this could be like the old Pandemic Studios if everyone put alittle effort into it. Not the last year of Pandemic when it was sliding downwards, but the pre-release days before Mercenaries 2. So much anticipation, excitement, and hope in a forum of less than 200 active members.
Thanks.
Well, I can agree with you, but there is also the problem that many members were lost when AiRsTrIkE killed Pandemic.
Old 04-Oct-2010, 13:22

Quote:
Thanks.
The place is called Gametramp.... what did you expect?
Old 04-Oct-2010, 13:39
Superior ef'n Being

I expect X. I hope for Y.

Little help?
Old 04-Oct-2010, 14:33
Superior ef'n Being

We do love constructive criticism here. And since you seem willing to offer it, I feel obliged to return the favor.

Welcome to Foruming 101

Quote:
To be quite honest, this forum has not impressed me one bit.
This is one way NOT to start a first post on a new forum (unless you add a happy face emoticon....then no problem (See how that emoticon made you feel better?)

Quote:
It seems abit messy.....
Dopey, when you see that red squiggly line under something you typed, that means that the word you typed isn't in the database of words. Sometimes this just means that you typed a name that it doesn't recognize or, there are times when it means you fucked up. For example, abit is really two words. A tap on the space bar after the "a" would have corrected this error.

Quote:
and almost too relaxed.
HUH? Ok, maybe we will get back to that one in one of the more advanced classes.

Quote:
I don't like the titles of the sub forums at all either.
We have an adult section that has the titles you would likely prefer, but you can't get in it.

Quote:
Now I most of you or (none of you) care about my opinion and the others are just like...
Not true. In fact, I have to agree with one of your points. We'll get back to that in a bit.

Quote:
"Who the hell are you?"
I'm sure you're gonna tell us about your vast experience in forums and all that is forumtastic.

Quote:
I'm from the old Pandemic.
That's it? That's all you got?

Ok, then, let me tell you a bit about me. I am a 56 year old geek. I have taken the whole forum road, in many many forums. I have progressed from noob (the point you seem to be at) to functional forum member, to moderator, to administrator and all of some quite large and successful forums. Alastor who knows me quite well as well as some of my forum history, asked me to come here. After a few discussions, he gave me admin rights and got quite busy doing other things.

Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let's discuss this forum.

While I never checked out Pandemic, I understand that this forum was created as a place for displaced forum members to get back together. From that point alone you can assume that Gametramp is a new forum that consists mainly of young members with varying interests. It seems quite a few only come here to play games. I'm fine with that. One day some of them might notice that there are other parts to this forum and maybe start participating.

In the mean time, I have found some members are trying to create conversations. They are called "contributors". Think of them as seeds which make a forum grow.

Think of me as the gardener. I pull the weeds that take nutrients from the good plants.

Quote:
Blah blah blah.
If you really care about this forum then feel free to contribute.

Last edited by Freet; 04-Oct-2010 at 14:36.
Old 04-Oct-2010, 19:18

Why don't you actually post and try to start discussions rather than complain about how we're all immature?

Our members are actually very mature and we help each other in a IRL problems all the time. Get to know the forum better and actually be part of it and yyou'll see that your wrong.
Old 04-Oct-2010, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Why don't you actually post and try to start discussions rather than complain about how we're all immature?

Our members are actually very mature and we help each other in a IRL problems all the time. Get to know the forum better and actually be part of it and yyou'll see that your wrong.
Unless it's me we're talking about, in which case everyone has given up.
Old 04-Oct-2010, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taepodong-2 View Post
We did help you, for about a week.

Then you took our advice and made it into your world famous shit sandwiches. >_>
Old 04-Oct-2010, 20:25

i was 2 MODERATORS AND A FURFAG SO FUCK YOU LOZL
Old 18-Oct-2010, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taepodong-2 View Post
You always deny our advice and counter it, rather than accepting it, with self pitiful and depressing remarks.

At least this is what I've seen, sorry if it's untrue.

Anyways, if you find this forum to not be to your liking, simply don't come back.

Yes there are high levels of immaturity at times, but there are also life changing stories and political debates and religion flames. It's just something to get used to.

As for Alastor, he doesn't seem to be around much anymore..

And for the forum titles, yeah, they're rather odd and I don't much care for them either.

Last edited by MerX Back 91; 18-Oct-2010 at 14:33.