Go Back   Gametramp > Public Genital > Ask/Tell

Old 07-May-2010, 18:23

Tma Tell me about my story idea.

This is an idea I came up with today for some reason. If enough people like where this might go, consider this a prologue to a story I may begin writing in the near future. Just a note, if it sounds like I'm making Christianity seem evil, I'm not trying to. I just thought it might make an interesting idea for a story and possibly add a bit of a twist to the "oppressed peoples fighting for freedom" story.

Imagine a world where Christianity managed to keep its control over most of the world. Because of this control, history as we know it radically differs. The first major difference is the Second World War never happened as we knew it. Nazi Germany never rose to power, however, the Soviet Union did. The Pope declared a Crusade against the Soviet Union as it was an atheist state. Christian armies from Europe and the Americas invaded the Soviet Union. After several years of fighting, Christian forces pulled out of the Soviet Union, however, the Soviet Union lost some territory to Christian Europe. Another major difference to our history is a civil war that has been raging on for over a thousand years in Scandinavia between the Christian government troops of Norway, Sweden and Finland, and a rebel group known as the Norse Liberation Front. The Norse Liberation Front, in various incarnations and under various names, has been fighting against Christianity since it was introduced to Scandinavia in the 8th century. They fight for the right to practice the traditional Norse religion in a region where Christianity has been forced upon them...
Old 07-May-2010, 19:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taepodong-2 View Post
This is an idea I came up with today for some reason. If enough people like where this might go, consider this a prologue to a story I may begin writing in the near future. Just a note, if it sounds like I'm making Christianity seem evil, I'm not trying to. I just thought it might make an interesting idea for a story and possibly add a bit of a twist to the "oppressed peoples fighting for freedom" story.

Imagine a world where Christianity managed to keep its control over most of the world. Because of this control, history as we know it radically differs. The first major difference is the Second World War never happened as we knew it. Nazi Germany never rose to power, however, the Soviet Union did. The Pope declared a Crusade against the Soviet Union as it was an atheist state. Christian armies from Europe and the Americas invaded the Soviet Union. After several years of fighting, Christian forces pulled out of the Soviet Union, however, the Soviet Union lost some territory to Christian Europe. Another major difference to our history is a civil war that has been raging on for over a thousand years in Scandinavia between the Christian government troops of Norway, Sweden and Finland, and a rebel group known as the Norse Liberation Front. The Norse Liberation Front, in various incarnations and under various names, has been fighting against Christianity since it was introduced to Scandinavia in the 8th century. They fight for the right to practice the traditional Norse religion in a region where Christianity has been forced upon them...
Sounds good to me, because of course you can make a shitty idea a great story. Why not take a whack at it?
Old 08-May-2010, 08:21

Ycs Achieve Pretty Good 50G

It seems rather implausible. Considering sectarian governments were around, It just makes no sense. AND, Catholicism wasn't all that dominant in the world. You have the Protestants who wouldn't even care for a word from the pope. Other than that, it would be REALLY interesting, Seriously.
Old 08-May-2010, 09:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse the Great Tsar View Post
It seems rather implausible. Considering sectarian governments were around, It just makes no sense. AND, Catholicism wasn't all that dominant in the world. You have the Protestants who wouldn't even care for a word from the pope. Other than that, it would be REALLY interesting, Seriously.
So would you change anything or just keep it as is?
Old 08-May-2010, 15:58

Quote:
Imagine a world where Christianity managed to keep its control over most of the world.
I just had to read that...

Then i got bored...

Too much words...
Old 08-May-2010, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNotReal View Post
I just had to read that...

Then i got bored...

Too much words...
TL;DR version - Modern vikings.
Old 12-May-2010, 16:31

So I take it not many people would actually read this story if I wrote it.
Old 12-May-2010, 16:54

I'd read it.
Old 17-May-2010, 17:52

Quote:
So would you change anything or just keep it as is?
Maybe a few countries that dont necessarily fight for the Russian, but where Protestantism is dominant. Maybe alot of civil uprest in those countries against Catholicism.

An aggressive Persia trying to take the Urals perhaps.
Old 17-May-2010, 18:30

Ycs Letsgo

Quote:
TL;DR version - Modern vikings.
Well in that case then FUCK YEAH!
oh and
Old 18-May-2010, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse the Great Tsar View Post
Maybe a few countries that dont necessarily fight for the Russian, but where Protestantism is dominant. Maybe alot of civil uprest in those countries against Catholicism.

An aggressive Persia trying to take the Urals perhaps.
I was planing on having it mostly focus on the conflict in Scandinavia but those are good ideas too. Maybe the Protestant countries and countries where non Christian religions are followed could attempt to covertly supply the Norse rebels and send in special forces and stuff to fight with them.