Go Back   Gametramp > Public Genital > Ask/Tell

Old 08-Feb-2012, 22:30

Send a message via AIM to Vmag Send a message via MSN to Vmag Send a message via Yahoo to Vmag
Ama Life

Tried thinking up an area of expertise that'd be somewhat interesting, but then I realized that Subject Matter Expertise in an area or two is quite boring. However, General Vague Knowledge in a lot of things can be either interesting, inaccurate or both!

So ask me about Life, and anything within or without it.
Old 09-Feb-2012, 10:47

Who was better in Life: Eddie Murphy, or Martin Lawrence?
Old 09-Feb-2012, 11:34

Send a message via MSN to wiiper77

What is the Meaning of Life?
Old 09-Feb-2012, 16:42

Send a message via AIM to Vmag Send a message via MSN to Vmag Send a message via Yahoo to Vmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Task View Post
Research required. I'll get back to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiper77 View Post
What is the Meaning of Life?
Well, it's nothing very special. Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
Old 10-Feb-2012, 00:00

Send a message via MSN to wiiper77

Last edited by wiiper77; 11-Feb-2012 at 22:47.
Old 11-Feb-2012, 13:44
Superior ef'n Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmag View Post
Well, it's nothing very special. Try to be nice to people,
OK, I'll buy that

Quote:
avoid eating fat,
Ummm...no.

Quote:
read a good book every now and then,
No argument there...

Quote:
get some walking in,
Only if there isn't a closer parking slace.

Quote:
and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
Someone's been watching too much Star Trek.
Old 11-Feb-2012, 16:13

I haven't watched that much Star Trek in a while. DS9 spoiled me with its rich and intricate plots and character development. I gave Voyager a huge chance, but ended up rather underwhelmed throughout most of it wondering, in my youthful state, if I was supposed to like this and why. I tried giving Enterprise a chance, but it was a much smaller chance than Voyager received.
Old 11-Feb-2012, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmag View Post
Well, it's nothing very special. Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
I feel like the meaning of Life is a blank slate, with each person having their own meaning to it rather than one collective meaning. People differ to much to have just one meaning of life.

My question to you is. If humans had world wide system of governemnt that gave people unlimited necessities they needed and was sustainable with what it produced, and produced things people needed rather than wanted. Do you believe humans with a system like that would have a different "meaning of life" or priorities would be different.
Because it seems like every bodies priority in life is just trying to get a lot of money through whatever means they can.
Old 11-Feb-2012, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Task View Post
To get back to this question, I do not have the movie on me myself. Looking up clips on YouTube gets me, at most, the corn bread scene, the scene determining who is the father of a chocolate baby, singing about the Uppa Room, pies, etc.

Based on these few clips alone, I have to say that I appreciate Eddie Murphy's versatility more than Martin Lawrence's sublime acting. Having not seen all the movie, I am absolutely certain that I am doing Martin Lawrance a great injustice in making this decision.

In regards to the Meaning of Life:

Kane asks how humanity would perceive it differently if we had all the resources we needed to be happy and survive, and we were able to maintain that.

I think that's kind of a meaningless scenario. All humans will, after all, perceive the meaning of life to be different. People of different means and resources and levels of happiness and material wealth and spiritual development will find the meaning of life to be different. People of the exact same means and resources and levels of happiness and material wealth and spiritual development will find the meaning of life to be different. There isn't one unified idea of what THE MEANING is, which is why we have the question.

Ergo, if the scenario came to pass wherein we did have everything, I do think the meaning of life would be different. But I also believe that it would be the same. It would be a million things and the same thing, cause whether there is one or not, each person will be looking through life through different eyes and come to a billion different and similar conclusions.

Personally, I like the Monty Python answer because, in my experiences and introspectives, I've come to see that quote as closely matching what I have come to understand as the purpose of life.
Old 02-Mar-2012, 21:21

Old 02-Mar-2012, 21:40

Could you phrase that in the form of a question?
Old 02-Mar-2012, 21:47

Request

what is snack?
Old 04-Mar-2012, 02:20

A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS. BUT ENOUGH TALK... HAVE AT YOU!