Go Back   Gametramp > Public Genital > Ask/Tell

Old 10-Aug-2010, 19:12

Send a message via AIM to Vmag Send a message via MSN to Vmag Send a message via Yahoo to Vmag
Diy Tips

Try the Cheese and Vegetable Omelet! It's an experience you'll never forget!
Old 10-Aug-2010, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmag View Post
Try the Cheese and Vegetable Omelet! It's an experience you'll never forget!
I read Spaghetti (or pasta-esque) MRE tasted "good".
Old 10-Aug-2010, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse the Great Tsar View Post
I read Spaghetti (or pasta-esque) MRE tasted "good".
I had one before and thought it tasted better than the stuff you get in a can at the supermarket.
Old 11-Aug-2010, 01:50

Quote:
If you're dropped to do pushups, it's usually some sort of corrective training. So either you did something that you needed sore muscles to remind you not to, or they just really appreciated your sense of humor.

I haven't had to do 100 for something like that. Heck, last time I've had that really go on at a regular basis was Basic. Most was 82, cause the Drill Sergeant used to roll with the 82nd. Which is really 82+1 for the Airborne.
I'm sure they'll just love my sense of humor..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taepodong-2 View Post
I had one before and thought it tasted better than the stuff you get in a can at the supermarket.
Right you are. And HOOAH bars are great. *shudder*

Last edited by MerX Back 91; 13-Aug-2010 at 14:14.
Old 11-Aug-2010, 06:01

Send a message via AIM to Vmag Send a message via MSN to Vmag Send a message via Yahoo to Vmag
Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerX Back 91 View Post
I'm sure they'll just love my sense of humor..
I just had to do thirty for a rather good joke.
We were discussing the noisiness of our neighbors in the temporary housing, especially their habit of being grossly unpacked until they have to leave in the middle of the night.

One of my NCOs was saying how one of them kept pounding his duffel bag on the floor, complaining that it "wasn't tight enough".

I asked him if he was sure it was a duffel bag.
Everyone else got it and started laughing.
He got it and dropped me.

Completely worth it.
Old 13-Aug-2010, 14:21

Quote:
I just had to do thirty for a rather good joke.
We were discussing the noisiness of our neighbors in the temporary housing, especially their habit of being grossly unpacked until they have to leave in the middle of the night.

One of my NCOs was saying how one of them kept pounding his duffel bag on the floor, complaining that it "wasn't tight enough".

I asked him if he was sure it was a duffel bag.
Everyone else got it and started laughing.
He got it and dropped me.

Completely worth it.
Good one! And I fail to see how that complaint can apply to a duffel bag.
Old 14-Aug-2010, 01:06

Sex

As my buddy explained, "Now Sergeant, it's Ok, he was only talking about gay sex."
Old 14-Aug-2010, 15:25

Ama

Is Vmag satisfied with his decision?
Old 14-Aug-2010, 18:56

Tma

Of course! It's not like he was offended at the joke. That was his way of appreciating it, saying that it was good enough for a drop.
Old 14-Aug-2010, 20:19

Why the hell are MRE's so expensive for civvie use?
$7.95 a meal.
Old 14-Aug-2010, 20:26

You're asking the wrong person, there. Even though there aren't really any laws against selling MREs, DoD insists and maintains that MREs are not for resell.

You'd have to ask those selling them why they're priced so high.
Old 14-Aug-2010, 22:02

Actually, I was asking about your decision to enlist.
Old 15-Aug-2010, 01:00

Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiRsTrIkE View Post
Actually, I was asking about your decision to enlist.
Oh, best decision I've made!
Compared to making 400 bucks a month working hours in Cracker Barrel, mediocre health care that I could opt to shell out a large chunk of my 400 monthly for...

Getting paid in the quadruple digits a month, having my house, education, and medical (for the entire family on that one!) covered without having to pull out of my actual Salary...

Plus, military has to follow Laws of War, Rules of Engagement, Geneva and Hague Conventions... They don't have that in the civilian market. Those people are brutal cutthroats, and there isn't anything in place to prevent rogue team leaders from sabotaging an innocent line cook's reputation and pay.

Plus it's definitely improved me as a person. Made me more confident, and introduced me to all sorts of peoples and character types. Nothing mellows out an indignant teen quite like making him live with 200... "people" from all corners of the country for 3 months!
Old 15-Aug-2010, 10:00

Quote:
Oh, best decision I've made!
Compared to making 400 bucks a month working hours in Cracker Barrel, mediocre health care that I could opt to shell out a large chunk of my 400 monthly for...

Getting paid in the quadruple digits a month, having my house, education, and medical (for the entire family on that one!) covered without having to pull out of my actual Salary...

Plus, military has to follow Laws of War, Rules of Engagement, Geneva and Hague Conventions... They don't have that in the civilian market. Those people are brutal cutthroats, and there isn't anything in place to prevent rogue team leaders from sabotaging an innocent line cook's reputation and pay.

Plus it's definitely improved me as a person. Made me more confident, and introduced me to all sorts of peoples and character types. Nothing mellows out an indignant teen quite like making him live with 200... "people" from all corners of the country for 3 months!
Sounds like a good place to send me. I'd go sign up for the army reserve now if you didn't need parental permission, but knowing my parents they'll be severely disappointed if they knew I wanted to join the military because I'm making my own choices and it's not a choice they agree with. If they had their way they'd send me off to some university in England and I wouldn't be back until I'm a doctor.
Old 16-Aug-2010, 00:35

Quote:
Sounds like a good place to send me. I'd go sign up for the army reserve now if you didn't need parental permission, but knowing my parents they'll be severely disappointed if they knew I wanted to join the military because I'm making my own choices and it's not a choice they agree with. If they had their way they'd send me off to some university in England and I wouldn't be back until I'm a doctor.
Reserves? Why?

And would say... someone wants to join the military.. but they're a felon... does that disqualify them during 'peacetime?'
Old 16-Aug-2010, 00:43

Diy Tips

Quote:
Sounds like a good place to send me. I'd go sign up for the army reserve now if you didn't need...
Quote:
Reserves? Why?
What he said.
Benefits and such are different between Active and Reserve, and I'm no expert on the latter. I'm pretty sure it's different in a large way, as you're only in for several weekends out of the year with your own paying job on the Outside, unless pulled in for Active status for a bit.

Quote:
And would say... someone wants to join the military.. but they're a felon... does that disqualify them during 'peacetime?'
That doesn't immediately disqualify you, MerX. Depending on your service and the standards and the clearance, that might not mean a thing. Sometimes that's just another notch on your background check. Sometimes you'd need a waiver for it, but that's ok. They have waivers for EVERYTHING these days! They have waivers for medical issues, age, obesity, criminal records, failing tests...
Old 16-Aug-2010, 00:56

OooOooo a waaaiiiiiiver!!...?!!.....

On the MRE's, it's perfectly legal, and possible, to purchase them directly from the company that makes them for the military..

But the only use I could see for them is hiking, camping, etc..

Anyways..

Is it a bad thing that my hands haven't ever shaken while aiming a gun at someone? Seriously, because I probably have mental issues... And this only happened once... If you must know, one of my friends just randomly walked in my house in a ski mask and I happened to be near a pistol. (Yes he's fine. No I didn't shoot him.)
Old 16-Aug-2010, 05:45

Games

I'd say you have decent steadiness! Or you were disassociating it from any philosophical disaster, what with self defense coming before existential freedom-taking.
Old 16-Aug-2010, 08:35

What is life like?
Old 16-Aug-2010, 09:15

Tma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiRsTrIkE View Post
What is life like?
Absolutely amazing.