Go Back   Gametramp > The Confessionary > The Confessional

Old 09-Apr-2009, 16:13

En ABOQ 1

Welcome to Alastor's Book of Questions, which is mostly a list of questions I've stolen from other sources over the years.

The goal of a question is not to see if you can answer a riddle or "outsmart" the question. The question will pose a situation or solicit your input - recognize the spirit of the question and answer it as its intended.

"Outsmarting" the questions defeats the point of asking them, and defeats your purpose for answering them.

With that said, here we go:

For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends and family again?

Let's get this party started!
Old 09-Apr-2009, 17:32

"For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends and family again?"

For me, this would depend upon the intimacy between you and your loved one, as well as the attachment and importance of your friends.

If your friends are your main crutch, and if you see them regularly and often seek their support, then i certainly wouldn't leave them behind. This goes for family, too.

However, if your partner is like your best friend, and you're with them constantly and use them for guidance and support, with your friends as just a "catch up" kinda thing, then, you only live once and you might as well go for it.

On the other hand i hope i'm not moving on their behalf, because they can move for me, the cheeky gits.

Ofcourse, there's an endless list of other factors and influences, but that would require me writing a whole essay of en answer, which is something i'm not going to do, ever.

Last edited by Stevurn; 09-Apr-2009 at 17:35.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 17:43

Send a message via AIM to Vmag Send a message via MSN to Vmag Send a message via Yahoo to Vmag
Tma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post

For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends and family again?
Conscientiously signed up knowing the risks and for such a person, so yeah.
Old 10-Apr-2009, 04:29
Superior ef'n Being

I can't imagine doing something like this. My family mean everything to me so the thought of loving someone enough to give all that up is incomprehensible to me.

So the answer would be no, but I would love to meet the gal that can actually change my mind. She would be one awesome lay.
Old 10-Apr-2009, 12:42

I'd love to see the world for myself. I actually hope to do so with or without a relationship. However, I would only settle and live in a place that I would deem fit to raise a family.
Old 10-Apr-2009, 14:55

Send a message via AIM to Dodecalypse

I suppose it really depends. If I'm in a shallow relationship, I wouldn't. But if I truly loved her, deeply as you said, and I could envision spending the rest of my life with her then yes.
Old 13-May-2009, 02:14

Send a message via AIM to Turd Ferguson Send a message via Yahoo to Turd Ferguson
Unfunny

Quote:

No. My family and friends mean too much to me.
Old 17-Jun-2009, 11:25

Not to be trying to outsmart the question or anything, but...

I'm going to answer the question with a question. Then answer the question.

Why the fuck would a deeply loved one move away from you in the first God damn place?

Answer: I may, but probably not because that would seem like the loved one was running away. Meh. Good question, Ala!
Old 23-Jul-2009, 20:25

Yes.

I don't like my friends and family very much, anyway.
Old 30-Jul-2009, 01:55

since im moving to thailand for 3 months next summer for an internship, id say yes. if would do it for a job too
Old 06-Feb-2010, 23:13

Quote:
Welcome to Alastor's Book of Questions, which is mostly a list of questions I've stolen from other sources over the years.

The goal of a question is not to see if you can answer a riddle or "outsmart" the question. The question will pose a situation or solicit your input - recognize the spirit of the question and answer it as its intended.

"Outsmarting" the questions defeats the point of asking them, and defeats your purpose for answering them.

No.simple.

Tags
mandozer the gay