Go Back   Gametramp > Public Genital > Public Genital

Old 02-Sep-2015, 20:20

Tma Tell me what you did today.

So its been about 6 years since the untimely shutting of the forums.

It is hard to believe that they were such an important part of my life, and how far I've come in that time.

I realize our community came from a diverse background from all over the place and many of us may not have ended up where we thought we would at this point.

I spent almost three years in a public university in a computer science program. I tried getting through it the same way I learned to learn in high school: memorize the content, shit out some projects and collect easy grades. It was around the beginning of that 6th semester when I realized I hadn't really learned anything. Soon after, I recognized my fate would be sitting in a cubicle writing boilerplate code in systems designed to replace people's jobs. I could never be happy doing that. In late March, I stopped going to class, and in April, I dumped all of next year's rent on a CDL license.

In some ways this may have been impulsive, but it felt right to me. Jobs were everywhere. I liked driving. I wouldn't mind the solitude. It would give me some time to sort my life out.

And it did.

I am doing well now. This morning, I got up, and took a short walk. I drove to a self storage facility and shot the shit with the contractor. He unloaded the bits of new storage locker and I drove to Lansing. Had a nice breakfast and continued on to the next shipper outside Detroit. Listened to some real interesting podcasts on the way to Cincinnati. Shut down for the night and took the dog for a walk.

For all the fear and anxiety I had last winter, very little remains. I may not be doing something very prestigious or particularly meaningful, but I'm really doing something that I enjoy. I hope every one of you is doing the same.

Best,
Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_12370-20150902_134401-1278870816.jpg (94.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 17-Sep-2015, 21:59

Send a message via AIM to Dodecalypse

Whoa, what're the chances. I googled my username and this site came up so I went to read it as like a nostalgia thing and saw this post.

Idk if anyway you remember me as this name, but I was Kumquatcheese back like... in middle school/high school on the Pandemic forums.

Glad to hear you're doin' well man!

Me, I just graduated with an engineering degree back in May which is cool, I guess lol. Don't really have much jobs leads (other than sending applications everywhere I can) or anything outside of a few things with some friends who can possibly grease the wheels to get me in. So, for the time being, I'm back with my parents doing not much unfortunately.

Your post was pretty cool to see man, got a lot of memories from these forums and pandemic and stuff I'm still friends with a few of these folks on facebook but I dont talk to them at all really.

EDIT: fuuuuuck, last time I posted here was in high school and my posts are horrible and embarassing and good lord, I regret even looking. I'm like 100% different now.

Last edited by Dodecalypse; 17-Sep-2015 at 22:03.
Old 21-Sep-2015, 07:06

Great to hear from you man!

Did you end up going to Embry Riddle like you were planning?

Real shame the jobs aren't there. Just be persistent and it'll pay off, and definitely milk those connections that's what they're for, lol
Old 21-Sep-2015, 20:45

Send a message via AIM to Dodecalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiRsTrIkE View Post
Great to hear from you man!

Did you end up going to Embry Riddle like you were planning?

Real shame the jobs aren't there. Just be persistent and it'll pay off, and definitely milk those connections that's what they're for, lol
Hahaha I sure did. Made it thru with the skin of my teeth basically. I mean, I didn't do that bad, but honestly when I made my decision to go there at like 17-18, I didn't exactly know what engineering involved. Managed to do pretty well until it came to coding, and I'm barely passable in C and Matlab (which are the only ones I learned). Changed my major to a more physics/EE based degree and I did a lot better.

Things are working out a little bit though, I got a couple more leads with some friends last week so within a month or two at least one of those will probably manifest. Hopefully in time for when my loan payments start because hahahaha I'm in over 100k of student loan debt lmao

Btw, if you ever wanna catch up/talk or anything I'm on steam a lot even though I don't play many games on it. http://steamcommunity.com/id/dodecalypse
Old 14-Oct-2015, 00:40

Holy crap, Kumquat, I remember you. If anything, because you totally had a picture of Brock Samson as your avatar.
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, then that's embarrassing as hell.

I've been graduated from high school nearly two years, and still have no clue what I'm doing. I'm not even close to moving out and I have a job I don't like. Suppose I should probably just suck that up, but it just really drags me down sometimes.
Today a friend and I had another meet for a movie that we're making together, though. So that's pretty cool. My hobbies are basically how I stay sane at the moment, but even they've been stressing me out.

I dunno why I'm opening up so much to you guys, but eh. I do have some weird attachment to a whole lot of you, for some crazy reason haha.

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen, again and again. It has to happen. Nice night. Miami is a great town. I love the Cuban food. Pork sandwiches. My favorite. But I'm hungry for something different now."