Go Back   Gametramp > The Confessionary > The Confessional

Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:57
Yeah, we did it.

Icon 30 Attnmod About the Confessionary and Penance

This forum is for saying the things you want to say but don't ever want to be tracked back to you.

What someone posts using Penance cannot be traced back to the poster. The database must, as a matter of functionality, store information for this account. If this is a concern to you, use a proxy to post with this account. Whether or not you use a proxy, no users on the board will know who you are.

We will not call the cops. We are not under any legal obligation to report any type of confession or revelation that is made with this account and yes, we checked with an attorney.

We're not allowed to inhibit an investigation nor are we allowed to help anyone commit a crime, but we are not required to report it either.

While we won't call the cops, you, the user, are ultimately responsible for the outcomes that result from this account.

The user name for this account is Penance.
The password is myconfession (all lower case).

Do not change the password. We have a script that tells us if the password is changed and by whom.

If some shit-head does change the password, let us know and we'll fix it and ban the stupid mother fucker.

Do not use this account to harass, impersonate, or otherwise "dime out" another member. All such instances of abuse with this account will be deleted. If it takes our time, expect us to retaliate. Do not use this account to attack others. It's for your confessions. Use it appropriately.

Registered members other than Penance can post normally in this forum. If you want to use your primary account to post here, go for it.

Here's what Penance can do:

Multiple users can use Penance at the same time
Can post a new thread in this forum
Use tags - don't abuse it or we'll shut it off
Use invisible mode (doesn't show on the active users list)
Can view the public boards (in case someone wants to reference a thread)
Can reply to other people's threads (in this forum and no others)

Here's what Penance cannot do:

Post at all, in any way, in any forum other than this one
Leave notes on anyone's profile
Remove notes from its own profile
Can't use or view social groups in any way
Cannot use blogs in any way
Cannot use email to friend
Cannot email other users
Cannot receive email
Cannot rate threads
Old 09-Apr-2009, 16:27
Have Mercy on my Soul

Newbie Let's test this shit out

For your information, I am not Goro either.

Anyways, this looks like a great feature that I'll be using. Even though vmag already implied the idea on the Pandemic forums... and that isn't turning out very well. There's a bunch of kids that keep changing the password, and posting stuff like "O RLY?". Fortunately, it should be way better over here. After all, it's the gunes.

Kudos for the idea, Gremlins.

My password is myconfession
Old 09-Apr-2009, 16:48

Default This is a shit-post

Sounds like a shit post to me.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 17:56
Yeah, we did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penance View Post
Kudos for the idea, Gremlins.
Word up.

Now it took a lot to build, so people better use it. Someone has to go first.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 18:27

Send a message via AIM to Vmag Send a message via MSN to Vmag Send a message via Yahoo to Vmag
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penance View Post
Even though vmag already implied the idea on the Pandemic forums... and that isn't turning out very well.
To be fair, not only was the idea totally ripped from here, but the idea was to attach as many IP addresses to the user for when it gets banned.

Best part would have been that anyone who logs in afterwards would have automatically given up their IP addresses towards it, thus preventing them from logging back to their own accounts.
Old 10-Apr-2009, 05:34
Superior ef'n Being

As I stated previously, be conscious of one thing when chasing those skeletons out of the closet in this forum.

Some/most people are able to identify a poster simply by their posting mannerisms. For those that live in Arkansas, that means you need to be careful how you phrase things so you don't inadvertently reveal your identity.

Just sayin is all.
Old 10-Apr-2009, 05:39
Yeah, we did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freet View Post
As I stated previously, be conscious of one thing when chasing those skeletons out of the closet in this forum.

Some/most people are able to identify a poster simply by their posting mannerisms. For those that live in Arkansas, that means you need to be careful how you phrase things so you don't inadvertently reveal your identity.

Just sayin is all.
So true. I know for a fact that some of The Gremlins are easily identifiable by their posting style. I'd bet most of you can pick one of them out without much guessing at all.

Tags
mandozer the gay